How We Are Different
What makes SciTechEdit International different from other editing companies?
At SciTechEdit International LLC, our relationship with you, the client, is our highest priority. We are committed to the successful communication of your science, providing you with the highest quality language assistance and partnering with you to clearly communicate your science around the world. Our personal attention to your needs and availability to you set us apart from our competitors. We aim to exceed your expectations with every interaction.
Committed to your professional success. SciTechEdit International is fully committed to your success. Scientists are judged by the sum total of their body of work. SciTechEdit International is committed to providing you the highest quality prepublication services, not only for the manuscript you are publishing today, but for all of your manuscripts. All of your science communications should be clearly and concisely communicated – grants, papers, letters, emails, books and book chapters, promotion packets, thesis, etc. – SciTechEdit International is here to help you throughout your professional science career.
Who are our clients? Our clients are highly-published international scientists in a wide variety of fields from more than 65 countries, primarily those whose native language is not English. Many of our clients have been using our services for over 10 years, and the vast majority of our clients were referred to us by their colleagues. We have the expertise to meet any prepublication need and ensure optimal presentation of your research. Our clients count on us to provide consistent high-quality services for all of their science communication needs.
SciTechEdit International's quality and personalized services are unmatched. Our comprehensive services are provided to you with all fees inclusive. There are no hidden fees.
All of Our Editing Services Include the Following:
- Personalized Service - Our clients receive a personal response, including responses to questions and requests, to all emails within 12 to 24 hours. We tailor our services to your needs.
- Deeper level of editing - We do not limit the number or complexity of edits per page. Your manuscript is edited until it is completely polished. Since 1997, manuscripts edited by SciTechEdit International have had a better than 94% publication rate.
- Pre-submission review of minor changes - Manuscripts often require last-minute changes or additions. Changes and minor additions to a manuscript are reviewed and edited for you prior to submission for peer review at no additional charge – just mark the changes so that our editors can rapidly provide the review and editing you need.
- Unlimited rounds of questions - Your questions are important to us, no matter how simple or complex. We are always happy and available to answer your questions about your changes and additions to your edited manuscript at no additional charge.
- Post-submission re-editing of minor revisions (<10% of the originally edited manuscript) - We do not charge to edit changes and additions to a manuscript we edited following submission and review that comprise <10% of the originally edited manuscript – just mark the changes e.g., by highlighting, underlining, etc. to facilitate rapid review and editing of the altered text.
- Highly experienced and trained science editors - Our editors have a minimum of 5 years of full-time science editing experience. Once hired by SciTechEdit International, they undergo ongoing continuing education in best science editing practices. Our editors are committed to providing the highest quality editing while providing complete confidentiality.
- Full-time, professional science editors - Our editors have only one job - helping you to produce the best written science communication possible. Our editors are not current researchers, postdocs, or graduate students who are editing as a second job - their only job is to edit your manuscript and help you publish your findings.
- Flexible return times - Whatever your deadline, we will help you make it. While our published rates vary from 48 hours to 14 business days, we will work with you to meet your deadline, whatever it may be. We are here to meet your needs.
Our Comprehensive Editing Service Also Includes the Following:
- Word/character count reduction - We edit your document to meet the word/character count limitations of the journal.
- Formatting - Let us know the journal to which you are submitting your manuscript and we will ensure that the manuscript conforms to the requirements of the journal's Guidelines to Authors, including the references, citations, proper use of abbreviations, UK vs. US spelling, correct word count, and formatting of headings and subheadings.
- Reference library maintenance - References in software databases such as EndNote™ or Reference Manager™ often contain typographical errors, are incomplete, formatted incorrectly, or inaccurate. When necessary, we will export your EndNote Library, check that your references are accurate and correct, and return the corrected EndNote library to you (additional charges may apply).
- Customization of EndNote™/Reference Manager™ Style Guides - EndNote saves time - unless the Style Guide is out of date, inaccurate, or unavailable for your journal. When necessary, we will update, correct, and create EndNote Style Guides to meet the current requirements of the journal and send it to you (additional charges may apply)
FREE Short Document (<250 words) Editing Service
Our mission is to facilitate the communication of science. Short, complete science communications (up to 250 words) are edited at no cost. These include, but are not limited to, review comments, meeting abstracts, letters of recommendation, cover letters, emails, and program announcements. Please note that this service does not apply to partial documents, such as manuscript sections (Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, etc.). This service can be used repeatedly; it is not a one-time sample of our editing. Send us all of your short communications for free editing. SciTechEdit International is committed to helping you clearly communicate your science in English.
Benefits of Choosing SciTechEdit International
- Decreased time spent writing and polishing grants and manuscripts
- Increased publication rate
- Publication in top-tier journals
- 94% publication success rate
- Free short-document editing
- Manuscripts always returned on time
- Your questions are answered quickly
- Easy access
- Easy to use
- No hidden fees
- All-inclusive fees
- Well-established, professional company you can trust
- Your confidentiality is guaranteed